How to Create a Marketing Input Form (Campaign)
A Marketing Input form or HTML form on a web page allows a user to enter data that is sent to Fortix system for processing. Forms can fill out the forms using checkboxes, radio buttons, or text fields. For example, forms can be used to enter shipping or credit card data to order a product or can be used to enter a competition. This article explains how to create a basic input form in Fortix.
The marketing forms are used for almost anything in Fortix and are much more than "marketing forms". They can send emails, run processes, create customers, contacts, users, tags to customers, process payments, create teams, team members, check prerequisites for the members, create memberships, process campaign tags, create opportunities and opportunities for team members, create purchase, invoice, billing profiles, payment plans, launch after payment processes...
Click Marketing Campaigns in the heading bar. The Marketing page opens with a list of CAMPAIGNS. Click Add New menu option.
The address bar link is : /?campaigns
Note that you MUST update this form first (if changed anything) and then download the Embed Code.
Add the Name of the Campaign and the number. Complete the options for the Form:
- Active - If No then the form will no longer be available to access
- Available on Dashboard - If Yes then the Form will be active in the Fortix Dashboard. If No then a web Link will be available to direct users to the form.
- Show Payment Gateway Logo -If payments are processed in the form, the Payment gateway logo can be displayed to show the security signature. Set to Yes.
- Discount Vouchers - If Discount Vouchers is offer set to Yes
- Payment Required - Set to No if this is a general input field with no Payment required.
- Opportunity Source - Select the source to add to New contact entered into the Form.
- Start Date - Enter the date this Campaign starts.
- End Date - Enter the date the campaign ends.
- Description - Complete the description field describing what this Campaign is about.
- Choose the Process that needs to run after the fields has been submitted by the user. Default processes is Contact creation and Opportunity creation
Set up the fields for the Registration form!
Compulsory fields must be filled, Hidden will not appear and Simple show fields will be optional.
Choose the input fields that need to be displayed and that needs to be recorded in the system. Choose between Compulsory, Hidden or Optional.
- If Company field is not filled in when form is submitted, it will stay empty. The First Name Last Name will not be used to populate the Company field after the form submission.
- If the State is used as an input field, then Country must be a selection field as well. The number of Countries to be selected can be down scaled by the Countries drop-down selection field further on in the form.
- Lists - If set to Compulsory or Optional will enable the available List drop down to be visible. This refers to contacts subscribing to a marketing list like newsletter etc.
- Auto Process Payment - If payment is Optional or compulsory then ensure Country selector is Compulsory as payment process is not equal for all countries.
- A CAPTCHA (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart") is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human.
- Form -
If Auto Process Payment - If payment is Optional or compulsory then ensure Country selector is Compulsory as payment process is not equal for all countries and has to have countries selected.
With every new registration, if Lists is enabled, the choice exists for the user to select the Marketing lists they want to subscribe to receive updates. Refer article: How to Setup a Marketing List.
Return URL is the place where the user will be redirected after a successful subscription. Specify what URL is to enable when form has been successfully completed as well as Thank You Message.
Specify how payment is processed with all relevant transactional information.
The Fortix code can be used to build some other design with. Use Lightbox or embedded Icons to access the code and change.
Adjust the generated HTML code-chunk, to customize the Registration form to your needs!
The form generally uses following classes: if_row, if_label, if_cell, if_text, if_select, if_required, form_label_error, form_field_error - you can override them in your own CSS code.Take your pregenerated Embed Code, and paste it into any webpage you want - you can also change the appearance of this page BUT do not change the FORM action link!
- The Lightbox code and
- Form Embeded code is available to change.