How to Add a New Configuration For Contact Page
A useful function of Fortix is that screen layouts can be changed and saved as different configurations for different roles. A specific role can be set up to have a Contact page or Opportunity page to have a configuration setup for that role. A user having that role will have their input screen configured as per the configuration setting.
This article explains how to add configurations and how to change the screen dimensions of the Columns of the Edit Contact page.
Access the Contact Screen by Clicking on CONTACTS and Customers in the Main Heading bar. To Change the EDIT CONTACT page layout Screen Click any underlined Contact.
The address bar link is: /?customers
The Contacts page opens. Click the Matrix Menu option in the top right-hand corner and click the spanner icon to access the Screen Configuration - Contacts page. The SETUP for will be enabled.
If these options are not available, please contact email@example.com to review your permissions.
The Screen Configuration - Contacts page opens with the SETUP form enabled.
The identifier is Default. No Roles can be selected for the Configuration set at Default.
Click the down arrow in the Priority field to select the importance or display the preference for this Configuration. No Roles can be selected for the default Configuration.
Columns # 1 is set as default 67% of the screen width and column #2 is set as 25% of the screen width. A third Column can be added by clicking the + sign.
To Add a Configuration Click the plus sign.
- Enter in the Identifier field the Name of the New Configuration.
- Tick the boxes of the Roles that this configuration would be applicable.
- There can only be one Configuration that is the default.
- Choose the Priority of this Configuration by Clicking the Down arrow. Priority comes into effect when the user has more than one role. Priority 1 is the highest priority. The default will be the last priority.
- Adjust the Column width as applicable.
Click SAVE to commit the changes to the system.
Refer to the article How to change the Contact Screen page layout to change the components that are shown per configuration.