How to Add Custom Icons to Edit Form
Fortix is an extremely flexible and customizable platform. This article explains how to add additional custom icons to Edit form.
On the EDIT form, Open the contextual menu and then click the gear Setup Icon.
Contact Fortix Support team for help with this feature.
The Form Action Icons form will open. Click the Add New button to add a new action icon.
The Action Icon form will open.
Fill in the fields to add the custom action icon:
Name - a unique identifier of the icon amongst the other icons on the form. This won't be visible to the user.
Title - the text that will be visible to the user.
Icon - the icon visible to the user (optional)
Url - the address that user will be redirected to upon clicking on the icon. The address can be any valid URL address pointing either to an internal page of the system or any outside website, see the URL Format section below.
1. External websites
- any valid URL pointing to the external website
- Example: An action icon to open the Google search would have the URL formatted as https://www.google.com.au
2. Internal pages
- internal pages are the pages that are handled internally by the platform, e.g. any form, SIT, dashboard ...
- these URLs don't need to have the protocol and the domain included as they are relative to the platform
- Example: An action icon pointing to the dashboard would have the URL formatted as ?welcome
- If you want to have an action icon pointing to an operation that requires identifier of the record you will need to use %ID placeholder in the URL
- Example: ?customers&op=edit&id=%ID, %ID will be replaced automatically with the ID of the record that the action icon is visible for, in this case, it will be the ID of the customer if the action icon is used in the Edit Customer form. Please note, that the placeholder is available only for the edit forms and the SITs.
3. Document Manager
- the document manager is a functionality that enables you to generate a document from the template
- to use it with the action icon, the URL needs to be in the following format:
- XXXX needs to be replaced with the ID of the document template you want to use
- RECORD_TYPE needs to be replaced with the record type you want the document for or completely removed if generating the document without any relation to any record in the platform.
List of supported record types and their use:
- id_customer - for the documents related to the customers
- id_project - for the documents related to the projects
- id_request - for the documents related to the work requests
- id_message - for the documents related to the support messages
- id_sale - for the documents related to the sales messages
- id_query - for the documents related to the queries
- id_customer_contact - for the documents related to customer contacts
- id_suspect - for the documents related to the suspects
- id_opportunity - for the documents related to the opportunities
- id_customer_membership - for the documents related to customer memberships
- id_quote - for the documents related to the quotes
- Example of the URL for the document with ID 1 generated using an icon on the Edit Customer form: