Fortix Menu as Search/Filter Function
The definition of Menu means a list of things to choose from. In Fortix we give you the capability to decide what is on the list. Totally customisable, you are able to use the menu items to see filtered views of your data.
This article explains how to add a filter/search to Fortix menu setup.
Start by identifying what the filtered view should look like. As an example, we will use contact type competitor as a filter. In the Contact list view, click the filter arrow and select competitor. Click APPLY.
Note the flt=25 in the address URL link of the filtered view
Next, click Menu Management on the Setup page.
The Menu Management page opens with a MENU ITEMS in the structure. Click on the plus sign to add a menu item.
The Menu Management page opens with the ADD MENU ITEM form enabled.
Label: In the label field is the Name that is displayed as the Menu Item. Click Choose icon to Change the Icon for the Menu Item.
Link field refers to the address bar link that this Menu Item will open. The link should only be the part after the "?" EG: ?users or ?requests. In our case we want the filtered contact /?customers&flt=25
- Permission is a drop-down selection field where the permission is granted to a Role to access the Menu Item Page. Find the correct permission to allocated to the Menu Item by clicking on the drop-down arrow. For outside webpage, links use permission "ContactManage"
- Order refers to the place in the Menu where this Menu Item will be displayed.
- Published should be Yes if the Menu Item is to appear in the Menu Structure.
- A Short Description is Optional.
- Users who have been assigned the Roles with the boxes ticked can see the Menu Item. If the roles are not ticked but exist in the Permission attached, they will still be able to access the page in other ways like direct address entry or other Menu Structures.
The new menu items were added to the Fortix Menu structure.