Filtered Menu Items - My Contacts
The definition of Menu means a list of things to choose from. In Fortix we give you the capability to be able to view menu items without the need to change the filters, thus it is menu-driven. This will also update the filters to match the menu item. For example in Contacts:
- My Contacts,
This article explains how to set a filtered menu to view only the logged-in user contacts
Click Menu Management on the Setup page.
The Menu Management page opens with MENU ITEMS in the structure. Click on the boxed plus sign to expand the structure.
The expansion shows the menu items linked to the structure as well as the permissions that can access those menu items. The permissions are per sub Menu item and individual Menu Items. Click the circle plus sign to add a new Menu Item.
- Label: In the label field is the Name that is displayed as the Menu Item. Click Choose icon to Change the Icon for the Menu Item.
- The Icon will be used as a Label when "Use Icon As Label" is Yes.
- Link field refers to the address bar link that this Menu Item will open. Fortix uses a protocol of "?' after the instance name followed by the page name and some optional filters. ?customers=&time_filter=Yes&type=Active&flt=1&only_my_clients=Yes
- Permission is a drop-down selection field where the permission is granted to a Role to access the Menu Item Page. Click the Pencil to edit the specific Permission. Alternatively, find the correct permission to allocated to the Menu Item by clicking on the drop-down arrow.
- Order refers to the place in the Menu where this Menu Item will be displayed.
- Published should be Yes if the Menu Item is to appear in the Menu Structure.
- A Short Description is Optional.
Users who have been assigned the Roles with the boxes ticked can see the Menu Item. If the roles are not ticked but exist in the Permission attached, they will still be able to access the page in other ways like direct address entry or other Menu Structures.
The new Filtered Menu Item has been added to our Menu.